This isn’t so much a recipe as a friendly suggestion–possibly you do this already. But for those who aren’t in the know, a neat drizzle of Sriracha sauce adds delicious spice to your standard toastie, balancing the rich cheese and salty ham with a bite of heat. You can also try using whatever type of chilli sauce you enjoy best. If you’re lucky enough to have a panini press, then use that; otherwise I find using a frying pan results in the most deliciously voluptuous melting cheese.
- . 1 English muffin
- . 2 – 3 slices of ham, or however much you can fit on your muffin
- . A good few slices of mature cheddar cheese – you want a small pile crammed onto the muffin
- . 1 – 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Split open the muffin and pile the ham and cheese on top, arranging each of them in an even layers.
- Heat a small frying pan on medium-low.
- Put the muffin into the warm frying pan and let it slowly toast, adjusting the heat as necessary. You do want to be patient, though, or the outside will burn before the cheese melts completely. This will take a good few minutes on each side
- Turn once or twice to heat each side through.
- When the cheese is melted and each side toasted, remove muffin from the pan.
- Open the muffin, drizzle over the Sriracha sauce, close the sandwich and eat right away.